Killer Infographics is Looking for a Senior Visual Designer
Killer Infographics was started in late 2010 and has quickly grown to become one of the largest visual communication agencies in the world. Check out some of our recent projects to get a feel for our aesthetic. Give us some insight into your likes and dislikes by letting us know which design on our site is your favorite and which design is your least favorite, and tell us why.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Never settles for good enough, and always pushes themselves to explore new creative capabilities.
- Can inspire clients with their creative vision
- Wants to nail projects for clients ranging from Fortune 500 to startup, nonprofit to tech, and everywhere in between
- Is humble, flexible, and always willing to step in to help out their coworkers
- Enjoys a fast-paced startup working environment
- Loves dogs & cats – we usually have at least 1 office dog or cat in for the day
Are you that person? Read on to make sure you’re a good fit (and that we’re a good fit for you!)
Senior Visual Designer
Senior Visual Designers establish benchmarks of performance for the design team. They are responsible for establishing stylistic execution of solutions from concept to completion. They also act as primary creative point of contact for client projects, and must help guide clients and the account team to the best creative solutions for every design. Senior Visual Designers must also exhibit competency in motion design, expertise in visual communication, and a firm understanding and execution of UI/UX design best practices.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with Art Director and Creative Director and collaborates with entire team on overall cross-media solutions
- Creates inspiring, strategic, and innovative ideas for clients
- Works within Killer Infographics brand guidelines to create compelling designs for internal purposes/projects.
- Creates infographics, data visualizations, and artwork for interactive and motion projects.
- Creates mid-tier motion graphics animated to company standards.
- Opportunities to work on larger projects and campaigns
- Possesses a proven track record of information visualization, layout, graphic fundamentals, and typography
- Strong illustration skills
- Strong attention to detail ensuring little, if any mistakes when interpreting and working towards client and project needs
- Ability to pinpoint and highlight most important and effective data points within the research, and develop a visual narrative to tell the research’s story
- Able to clearly present work in front of both clients and internal team
- Flexibility and willingness to meet deadlines and work hard under pressure, understanding that some weeks may require more hours than others
- Ability to effectively communicate technical feedback for motion and interactive projects
- Ability to interpret and understand client’s brand guidelines, and help guide them to an appropriate aesthetic
- Understands the needs for video artwork and is proficient in setting up files for the animation team
- Understands the needs for interactive artwork and is proficient in setting up files for the interactive team
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities every week, managing time appropriately and meeting all deadlines as set by project managers.
- Displays a proven track record of pushing his/her own creative boundaries and a consistent willingness to move outside of his/her own creative comfort zone by always testing and trying new styles of infographic design and illustration, welcoming criticism, and respectfully communicating challenges.
- Ability to design to best UI/UX practices.
- Ability to animate low-tier motion graphics
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in graphic and data visualization skills
- Expert understanding of Adobe Illustrator
- Strong understanding of InDesign and Photoshop
- Strong understanding of motion and interactive design
Benefits include: Competitive salary, healthcare, 401K, monthly transportation stipend, FSA account, paid time off
Please send your resume, portfolio, and a brief explanation of why you feel you’re right for this position to email@example.com.
Include the subject line “Killer Infographics Senior Visual Designer” with your submission.